Saturday, June 10, 2017

Fruit Fetuses

Oh, my fruit trees are fruiting! It's so exciting. It looks like I'll be once again up to my eye balls in fruit this year. I can't wait!

Apple babies:


Again, the apple tree is overloaded with some branches loaded with three to four little apple babies in a cluster.


Last year some of the baby apples fell off or later in the season I had to pick about 200 so the branches wouldn't get weighed down and break.

Cherries are loaded too. Babies are lovely:



Italian prunes are developing, but they aren't as loaded as the apple and cherry trees. Next year I'll have to chop off a branch to get it producing more.


So lovely.

My lettuce is ready to eat, already! Lots of green onions and radishes, too. I've eaten a few early peas and in another few weeks they should be ready to harvest.


3 comments:

  1. They all look so good. Our fig tree is hugely loaded. Cherries are about to get ripe. Plums not so loaded this year - may be a small harvest. Apples too.Your lettuce is so lovely......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My baby fig tree has two figs. I can't wait until it's big and producing like yours. Anytime you want to bring me some figs, feel free!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVVVVVEEEEE your garden! Abundance of food. How lovely.

    ReplyDelete