Sunday, March 2, 2014

New FREEBIE Toy!

There is a television commercial I've been seeing lately that features a woman bouncing on a trampoline. I've been entertaining the thought of buying a trampoline for my backyard so I can bounce around like a crazy person. It just sounds like a fun thing to do except I think I'd have to take it apart and store it in the garage for ten months out of the year as I can't imagine bouncing around in the rain to be much fun. And of course, a trampoline costs anywhere from $200 to $600.

As I'm contemplating this frivolity, someone on Freecycle advertises a trampoline! I said, YES, I WANT IT! before I asked, How big is it?  It's a little one, what they call a "rebounder" for exercise. I've always wanted one of these, too, as you can run in place but there is little shock to your joints.


So now I get to bounce around in my spare time and I hope it will provide me with some extra exercise. I like it a lot more than the treadmill which demands a whole lot of energy to make it go. With the rebounder I just have to jump on and march in place and it's good to go although I do try to stretch a little before I jump on. My muscles have atrophied with so little exercise I fear I will pull something if I'm not careful. There are all kinds of videos online to watch how skinny people use them for exercising. So fun.

I'm creating a freebie workout center for myself. Self-gifting is wonderful, especially when it's free.

1 comment: