Sunday, June 21, 2015

Humanity Overload

Saturday I went to the Fremont Solstice Fair, or what I like to call The Naked Festival. I've always wanted to go and see naked people riding bikes, the crafts, and the Art Car Show. It's outdoors and fresh air is a really good thing for events that attract the masses. As you can see from the photo below, masses is an understatement.
 
 
Waiting for the parade to start....

I went with a friend who was saturated in smelly laundry detergent. I know she tried really hard to be fragrance-free and I sacrificed my health in order not to make her feel self-conscious. I know that was stupid, but I didn't have too much reaction: respiratory system burning and uncontrollable coughing. I tried keeping the growing irritability under control and ended up exhausted and in pain all night with the exhaustion lasting for days. I only encountered one truly toxic smelly person that made me dash so I say it was a good day.

I enjoy seeing naked people riding bikes. Most of them were painted so although the photo below looks like they have clothes or costumes on, most of it is painted on to look like clothing.


Others didn't even bother with paint, or very little of it:


The Art Car Show was fun and needless to say, it made me want to run home and decorate my van!

Dots...and dots...and dots...I really loved this car!

Shoes! Lots of shoes!

Flamingo themed!

Awesome paint job!

Another awesome paint job!

Love the colors on this one! Is that my favorite color teal?

HAPPY SOLSTICE!

3 comments:

  1. Such kalaidescope-looking cars! Was it hot???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sunny and warm, but the breeze was cool. If I told you the temperature you'd probably think, "oh that's cold!" For us, it's nearly hot!

      Delete
  2. Love the photos. Fun parade.

    ReplyDelete