Saturday, January 21, 2017

Women's March Olympia 1/21/2017

The Olympia Women's March expected about 2,500 people - they got 10,000! I was one of them! Because the organizers expected so few people the route was very short...by the time we got back to the beginning, there were people still waiting to start. Lots of people chanting and singing, carrying signs and wearing pussy hats. I regret I did not have my own pussy hat. Everyone was very cheerful in spite of the rain, but even the sun showed up for about an hour!






















There was a designated protest song posted on the march's website. I practiced it, but then I couldn't find anyone who was singing! So I went searching and found my people. Here is the YouTube version of the song, written and sung by Melanie DeMore called "Put One Foot in Front of the Other." It's very catchy. I'm happy I got the chance to join a sing-a-long!



I am very happy to be on the right side of history and this was an outstanding opportunity to be with like-minded, intelligent people.

LOVE STILL TRUMPS HATE!

4 comments:

  1. I suspected you might have gone! How are things over there now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trumpland sucks. His press secretary's first press conference refused to take questions and screamed lies at everyone. They call it "alternative" facts. The whole nightmare is a joke and I can never decide if I should laugh or cry. We have a unapologetic sociopath running our country. There are people attempting to impeach him and Las Vegas bets he won't last six months. I hope!!

      Delete