Saturday, January 19, 2019

Women's March 2019

Love the pink. Lots of pink. We took our patriotic parasols to the Women's March again. This year we opted to stand on the outskirts which was much healthier, definitely less toxic stink. Last year I think I had to move three times to get away from perfumes and scented products. We also assessed our location based on how easy it would be for someone to drive into the crowd. It amazes me this is the state of America these days.


Our umbrellas received lots of compliments, oohs, aahs, giggles, even screams, "OH MY GOD I LOVE THOSE UMBRELLAS!" LOL! People were very cheerful and happy. We became umbrella models as we were constantly asked if it was OK to take photos. Several people asked if I had a website or Etsy account. Hmmm, no, but they are for sale. Oddly enough, no one seemed interested in buying them on the spot. One man offered $20. I told him thanks, but that wouldn't even pay for the supplies. He attempted to make me feel guilty stating I shouldn't expect to get paid for the time it takes to do the art, but I clarified, THAT WOULDN'T EVEN PAY FOR THE SUPPLIES never mind the time. Even though I had vowed I'd sell them for nearly any price and I was tempted, he was so rude and pushy I just couldn't.

As we were leaving to start the march two women came running up behind wanting to know about the umbrellas. They bought both! Although I enjoy money, what was most wonderful is then watching my umbrellas out in the world marching down the street. I must have taken one hundred photos of them with their new owners:







I was so proud. Before the buyers left I warned them about all the attention they would get. Be prepared to model! At the end of the march I watched them from afar as people crowded around taking photos. It was funny. I was a bit relieved to hand over the attention to someone else and be anonymous.

But the real highlight of the day was a woman walking around with a bag of pussy hats she knitted herself - giving them away for FREE!!!! I finally have my very own pussy hat! It's a pretty one.


GO GIRLS (and guys)!!!





2 comments:

  1. I was waiting for this post. Haha... I told myself for sure you’ll be there at the march.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I wouldn't miss it! It's such a joyous occasion every year.

      Delete