Thursday, October 15, 2020

Garden Rehab

Last fall I did a total reconstruction of my yard, but I didn't get to this last bed in the backyard: the former Moon Garden, Veggie Garden, Sun Garden, and now Daisy Garden. Due to ignoring it for years, it was an overgrown mess and unfortunately, I didn't take any "before" photos. Too embarrassing, but now I wish I would have.

I dug up the whole thing! 

Behind the soon-to-be Pink Garden will be the Yellow Garden!
To the left in the sun is the raised bed Veggie Garden.

I removed weeds, transplanted the daisies out to the side garden, transplanted the African daisies to the adjacent (yellow) garden, saved the pink yarrow, and transplanted the pink asters from the dog garden to the pink garden. I saved the pink lilies, pink foxglove and the pink gladiolas. I also dug up all the snowdrop bulbs, but they are so small I doubt if I got them all. I replanted them in a section of the pink garden with the lilies. I like snowdrops. They are the first sign spring is close.

I did leave the new starts of Evening Primrose. Although they are yellow, they didn't bloom this year so next year they should and then I'll transplant them out.


It's a lot of work, but once it's done it's so clean and beautiful. I'll get some mulch to keep it that way.

This winter I plan to get a load of new gravel for the outside and next spring find some pretty pink flowers for some joy and happiness! 

If you have any pink flower suggestions, let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment