Friday, July 12, 2013

Beef Stew (Recipe)

 
Today I made traditional beef stew by mixing and tweaking some recipes I found online.
 
 
 
 
 
Ingredients, organic, healthy and natural:
 
 
3 lbs. stew meat, cut up into 1 inch chunks
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
 
2 onions, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
 
2 cups of water
 
1-2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon paprika
dash of allspice or cloves
 
3 large carrots, chopped
3 ribs of celery, chopped
1 cup of squash, chopped
 
parsley for garnish or just add it to the pot for some greenery (optional)
 
Brown stew meat on all sides in olive oil. Remove and set aside. Add onions and garlic to pan and sauté until soft. Add meat and 2 cups of water. Bring to boil and simmer for one hour.
 
Add carrots, celery and squash and simmer for another 30 minutes.
 
Serve.
 
You know, it's hard to get excited about beef stew after eating Moroccan Lamb Stew! (I've been experimenting and tweaking that lamb recipe every time I make it and I think I have perfected it so check it out again!) Beef stew was good, but not exciting. Maybe because I excluded all the ingredients not on my Paleo-Hashimoto's-MCS diet? No sugar, no Worcestershire sauce, no flour (to thicken the sauce), no red wine, and no potatoes. I remember when I was little the best part was the potatoes. I think as an adult the best part would have been the wine!
 
If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this tantalizing so it's something I might want to crave, let me know!
 
Yum!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. The carrots look good! And the big onions will give the sweetness to the dish. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete