Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Mother Nature and Monsoons

I love monsoon weather with the rain beating so hard on your house you can barely hear yourself think. I feel safe inside knowing I've worked to keep this house rain-proof and construction-sound to weather nearly anything Mother Nature throws this way. About six years ago we had a storm with 123 mile per hour winds. My 93 year old fortress stood strong.



I like it less when it all creates more construction work and expense for me:



My poor, poor newly stained fence bit the dust...what you can't see is the rest of the fence flapping in the wind. It's very disturbing. I feel like the perimeter is breached and my security compromised. Sigh. I do remember laughing to myself when I was staining it and noticing all the rot that at least when it collapses it'll look good. It does look good - even horizontal!! My newly painted porch is soaked, still lovely, and no longer slippery. Painting it was a good plan.

The Winter War is here. It's a never-ending battle. I can't wait until summer.

1 comment:

  1. We've been having rain everyday.The monsoon is here and has been causing flash floods.

    ReplyDelete