Friday, December 25, 2015

Celebration!

My winter project is finished, and it's barely even winter!


The table has a very interesting history. I have no idea how old it is although the hardware indicates it's at least forty to fifty years old. It was painted a lovely 1970s lime green and orange by the mother of my best friend from childhood. When my best friend moved out of state, her parents couldn't afford to pay the rent they owed and left the table along with other furniture. My family moved into her rental house, inherited the furniture, and eventually bought the house. We had this little table in our bathroom for at least twenty years. I always referred to it as "Lori's Table." *

When I moved out, I needed a kitchen table. "Why don't you take that crappy, old table in the bathroom?" OK! Nineteen-seventies color schemes were not popular in the 1990s so I had it stripped and it has been sitting bare for all these years waiting for inspiration. For too long it was the only furniture in the house not painted, taunting me, begging for some cheerfulness. I was also afraid I wouldn't be able to repair it properly (it had cracks, gouges, holes, and missing hardware) and I worried if I painted it, it would become unusable like my other kitchen table. That might happen, but after painting the polka-dot chair, I just couldn't resist a polka-dot table to match.

It's called Celebration!

This photo distorts the color, but you can see how the top fold out.
The panels are actually blue, teal, and purple, not purple, teal and pink.
The color in the photo below is accurate.

With Confetti the chair





I love living like it's a party!

Oh! And Merry Christmas to everyone...ho! ho! ho!



* I sent Lori photo of the newly painted Celebrate table and she said it used to be in her brother's room which was decorated lime-green and orange.

1 comment: