Monday, August 8, 2016

Bouncin' and Behavin'

It would take too long to list all the toxic ingredients found in hair gel or mousse besides the stink one must suffer all day until one shampoos out all the chemicals would be intolerable. I've always read egg whites are good for this and I once heard punk rockers used egg whites when they wanted their long tresses to stand straight up.

I've been growing my hair out for something new, but it's not always easy to manage. Yes, short hair is so much easier! I bought some rollers...remember those? Big, spikey rollers in hopes of smoothing the frizz and taming the wave. It took some getting use to as doing a "set" is definitely a learned skill. It worked great once I got the hang of it, but the body and bounce would go flat by the second day. In the "old days" one would use hairspray and that's not going to happen. So I decided to try egg whites. Here's what I did:

Take an egg and separate the yolk, placing the white in a bowl. Whip it up until it forms stiff peaks like meringue (think lemon meringue pie, OH!)


Wash your hair. Towel dry it. Using a blow dryer, dry it more but not completely. One at a time comb pieces of your hair into manageable parts, dip your fingers in the meringue, coat the strands, roll the rollers.




Let it dry. It takes a couple hours if you use a blow dryer every now and then to help it along.

Bouncin' and behavin'. Without hairspray it only lasts about three days, but the fullness is much better. It does make it a little hard to brush as it tangles easily. The meringue lasts about two weeks in the refridgerator.

The things I do for entertainment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment