Thursday, September 28, 2017

Harvest Time

Time to dig up the food before the monsoons arrive. Last year I waited too long and all my carrots split and the onions rotted.

This year the onions are in good shape, but way too small. Not sure why they didn't like the hot spot on the deck. These are red onions, too. Last year's were twice the size but yellow onions.


The carrots are magnificent. Ginormous! Beautiful! No bugs! Yummy!


Well, I have one that looks like a human. LOL I know there is a reason it grows that way but I can't remember.


And I'm still getting some that are developed only on one side. I don't know why this happens. Only about 1/8th are affected. They are still usable in stews chopped up, but they are ugly. (Next time I pull one up I'll take a photo and post it.)

1 comment: