Saturday, November 25, 2017

Deck the Halls...

Every Thanksgiving it is my tradition to cut some branches off my neighbor's pine tree (LOL...) and make myself a wreath. Last year I forgot. And when I finally remembered I decided I just didn't care. I could live without a wreath. This year I am not feeling as apathetic although I admit I have no patience for Christmas music on the radio lately. Donning garden shears I attacked the tree with new-found vigor. I even added some holly from my holly tree:



I didn't stop there! Hmmm...time to dig out the Christmas tree. It's fake and small. I haven't set it up for years because it just seems like such a waste of energy, but I did it anyway. Not sure what is possessing me.


Then I went to the Black Friday sales and bought some new Christmas lights. I love Christmas lights and they were cheap:


Oddly enough, I'm even considering making Christmas cookies this year. It might be dangerous. I used to make decorated sugar cookies and give them away, but since starting the gluten-, sugar-, dairy-free diet, I fear I wouldn't have the willpower. We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm trying. It's waivering! LOL I am eager to make some cookies...

      Delete
    2. Make cashew bread instead! Haha!

      Or cashew cookies.

      Delete
    3. The only reason you are suggesting cashew bread is because you don't know how much of it I have eaten!!!! And it's expensive. I think it costs at least $7-$8 for just the cashews. I'm trying to stay away from it for a while because I have no willpower. Yum. I found a recipe for gluten-free gingerbread cookies I'm going to try.

      Delete