Monday, November 13, 2017

Festival!!!

I've had this little shelf for years, nearly my whole adulthood. One early morning as I was driving to work I past my apartment complex's garbage dumpster, there this little shelf stood looking neglected and unwanted. I slammed on my brakes. It was painted a strange bright red paint that looked like an oil gloss or auto paint. It had heart stickers on it. I loved it immediately and threw it in my back seat. I loved the red and the mangled stickers that screamed, "I have a history!" so I didn't strip and paint it for a long time.



I used to display my ceramics on it. Then years later used it for my art history books until my collection got too big. For the past twelve years it's been in my kitchen filled with cookbooks. I have red accents all over my kitchen because of this shelf. It's such a whimsy little shelf, so I put a whimsy little design on it with curly leaves. No red though. I hope I can cope. I guess I should buy new dish towels....or move it to another room. I don't think it matches any of my rooms!


My house is looking so cheerful!


Happy! Happy! Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment