Friday, September 7, 2012

Ocean Adventures, Part Nine: I'm Official and Legal!!

I got my shellfish and seaweed recreational license! Along with it I bought a tide tables book and in order to figure out how to read it I went to the mud flats to compare the water levels. At 11:05am this morning the low tide was at its lowest at 2.7 feet. I was disappointed to find the oyster beds were totally covered. No indication at all that oyster beds were even there! I didn't attempt digging as I don't think the tide was out enough. Instead I strolled through the mud in the sun for some vitamin D therapy.

Unfortunately, my camera died this morning so I have no evidence.

 
The next low tide not in the middle of the night is Friday the 14th at 6:08pm at 0.8 feet. This is as low as it was when I discovered the beach so I am anticipating fun times and lots of clam digging excitement. I'll go again on Saturday at 6:30am when the tide will be at -0.2! NEGATIVE! I was told a negative reading is the best as the tide is REALLY, REALLY low. My neighbors who are from California plan to go with me that night when at 6:52pm the tide will be at 0.3.

Such an adventure! Hopefully my camera will be working. I think it's the battery.

1 comment: