Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ocean Adventures, Part Ten: The Rock

This was the first beach I went to for my New Year's Resolution this year, but this is the ONLY time I've ever seen it when the tide is out. Here is the photo from March:


Cold, cold, cold, gray, gray, gray, windy, windy, windy, wet, wet, wet. BRRRRR!!!!

Today the tide was out and I was able to not only walk around the rock, but climb on top of it without waves crashing over me. View of the rock from a distance:

 
 
View from on top of the rock:
 
 
 
Pools with little critters left on top of the rock:
 

 
 




The skies don't get any bluer than this!


 
 
Well, unless the view is from the east!


 
 
No adventure, but the fresh air, wonderful ocean smell, sound of crashing waves and scenery were pure joy! I was so tempted to jump in the water, but it was COLD! And I didn't have a towel with me. Maybe tomorrow....


2 comments: