Monday, October 14, 2013

Tolerable Laundry Detergent!

I've been noticing my Planet Ultra Dishwashing Liquid, the All-Purpose Miracle Soap sometimes smells strongly on clothing. This is not good. It's only when I hand wash a sweater or something thick. I'm probably not rinsing the soap out adequately, no matter how hard I try, no matter how many times I rinse. Although it works fine in the laundry, it's not really meant to be used that way so even a laundry load never really rinses well and I often have to wash twice to get the soap residue off the fabric.

A few weeks ago I was shopping the house cleaning aisle at my local co-op and thought I should sample the bulk, fragrance- and chemical-free laundry detergent they have for sale. I sniff tested it before pouring and it was fine. I tried it on several loads of laundry and even washed my toilet with it. Soap must be multi-purpose to be justifiable. It doesn't smell nor does it bother me! I re-washed all my sweaters. And it's cheaper than Planet by about half price!

Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. How envious! And so damn cheap. It is wishful thinking for us over here for things to be this cheap! If it is this cheap, it must be the worst ingredients or it has turned rancid or it has expired for eons...

    ReplyDelete