Thursday, October 24, 2013

Snowflake, or Bust

Snowflake, here I come! Well, I hope. As soon as I realized I might have some time to travel, my van started acting up so it has spent nearly all this last week in the shop getting fixed and checked to be travel-ready.

Snowflake of My Dreams
(Mermaids hiding in the water.)
 
 
I plan to drive through Oregon, California and across to Arizona for those of you who want to stalk me. I'm hoping to find some off-season cheap or free camping. California is still in the 80s with nights in the 60s, but Snowflake is in the 70s with the nights dipping into the 20s. Yes, that's not a typo: the TWENTIES! Colder than my refrigerator. It's going to be an uncomfortable camping experience so I'm not really sure how long I'll last. I'll probably high-tail it back to California and stay warm.

I found a bunny-sitter for Peter, but that won't stop me from worrying about him.

Snowflake Reality
(Snakes hiding in the tumbleweeds.)
The stars are all aligned and it's time for some action. I'm so tired of just waiting for something to happen, simmering and stagnant. UGH! Either Snowflake will totally turn me off (aside from all the negatives on my already lengthy "con" list) or I'll find a solution. I'll settle for a suitable rental so I can try the area out before making any permanent commitments. Whatever happens at least I can stop wondering and move forward.

Wish me luck!

UPDATE: For my stalkers...it's pre-dawn the day of my departure and I've changed my route! I haven't been getting good feedback from an online friend who is currently visiting Snowflake. It sounds like hell! I decided to check out southern Colorado on the way there so I've changed my route to Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Snowflake. I'll return via California and Oregon so if Snowflake is a real bust, I can leave early and spend extra time looking in these areas.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck on your journey! Please post pics and stories of your travels so I can travel with you vicariously! You'll learn lots and be able to figure some stuff out. You may meet people who will be important to you. If Snowflake isn't the answer, maybe a new possibility will show up. Have a lovely adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...and I hope I'll be able to write a blog post or two on the road. We'll see if I can figure out the laptop. No Wi-Fi in Snowflake which is why MCSers are drawn to it, lack of EMFs.

      Delete