Friday, August 29, 2014

New Doctor Fails Miserably...

It only took the doctor two weeks to fail miserably. I was just too excited and optimistic when I gave her that glowing review!  Foolish me. She was supposed to contact the pharmacist and ask about using coconut flour as a filler for my thyroid prescription, vegetable capsules instead of gelatin, ask about adrenal glandular prescription options, ask about specially formulated B-12 sublingual drops, and let me know what she finds out. That was what she said she would do. I thought this might take a day or two.

I waited. Patiently.

It took her a week to tell me the pharmacist can use coconut flour for a filler. That's all she accomplished in a week.

Still, I waited. Patiently. And then she disappeared completely.

What about the adrenal glandular and the B-12 prescriptions? And do I need to provide the coconut flour to the pharmacy which is what I had to do for the last pharmacy? What about the different dosage we discussed? Different administration instructions? I wrote two emails asking the doctor if she asked the other questions or found out anything else. The first I sent to her personal email address. I waited a few days and sent the second email to her office. Both were ignored.

Since I was running out of medication and planning to be out of town, I started to stress. Medications make me stress anyway, but hanging by my neck in limbo makes it worse. Finally more than two weeks later, I gave up on the doctor and contacted the pharmacist myself, asked the questions, and ended up just getting a refill on my old medication using coconut flour filler instead of rice flour and vegetable capsules instead of gelatin capsules. I didn't realize I didn't need a new prescription for these minor changes. I kept the old dosage since I couldn't wait around forever for this woman to do her job.

Two days after I submitted the refill the doctor's office emails me to tell me my prescription was sent to the pharmacist. Really? WHAT FUCKING PRESCRIPTION? She didn't answer any of my questions nor did she give me any of the information she said she would check so exactly WHAT is she prescribing? I emailed the office to ask and the receptionist emailed me back with a smiley face...? That's it. What is that supposed to mean?

I called the pharmacist and asked her to ignore the second prescription from the idiotic doctor. Since she already started filling the first prescription, she was fine with that. The pharmacist was actually more helpful than the new doctor.

I really hate it that I have to pay money to incompetent people and then end up doing all the work myself. My new doctor failed miserably. She is fucking fired.

Actually, she's not a doctor. She's a nurse practitioner. What was I thinking?

1 comment: