Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's All About the Bacon

I found the more bacon I add, the better these chicken livers taste!

 
I started out with only three pieces of bacon, a handful of onions, and a container of supposedly-natural, no hormone- or steroid-filled chicken livers. No mention of antibiotics or chemicals so I don't really know how safe they are, but this will have to do until my cow bone order comes in next week.

Compared to the cow liver, they have a better texture and once cooked, they are NOT dripping with blood. I can do this. The taste is pretty much the same, but I can eat these in small amounts with no problem.

It even looks better with more bacon!
 
Next day I took the leftovers added four more slices of bacon to the grill, warmed up the livers right on top of the greasy bacon. I'm thinking tomorrow I'll add a pound of bacon to the two remaining chicken liver pieces and be really satisfied with a scrumptious meal!

I'll probably have a heart attack by the end of this diet.

1 comment: