Sunday, April 19, 2015

My New House Will NOT Have Stairs!

It's that time of year when negotiating stairs becomes a challenge for me. WHY? I don't have a clue! In fact, it was exactly a year ago when I misjudged my porch stairs and was unable to walk for months due to a sprained ankle, chipped bones, and torn ligaments.

Last night, in the middle of the night I begrudgingly got out of my nice, warm bed to check on the latest batch of bone broth. Half asleep I didn't even put on my slippers nor did I turn on the lights. I made it to the bottom of the stairs and didn't realize there was one more step to go, missed it, and crashed to the floor.

I was lucky this time...I grabbed the handrail tighter and broke the fall by slamming my shoulder and head into the archway. Ouch! My head still has a large, painful bump and my shoulder is bruised and raw. I did something to my toe which creates a whole lot of pain when I walk. Sprained, broken or just bruised? I have no idea, but I'm thankful it's not as bad as last year's injury. I can move it, but it hurts. I'm hobbling around again just when gardening is starting and not happy about that.  Here is a photo of my mangled, black and blue toe (same foot as last year):



The new house I will someday own will NOT have stairs. Not even one. I think I'll build ramps. I'm done with stairs.

3 comments:

  1. Poor thing! Your toe looks so unhappy. And same foot to take the rapp last year too. Stairs are bad. I've been dreaming of a one story house with a roof that isn't very slanted. Yesssssss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssssss! Just don't get a flat roof because those are the worst.

      Delete