Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Joy of Springtime Gardening

I love this time of year! Everything is blooming and growing with the sun shining. Last winter I pruned my fruit trees in hopes of not only making them look less neglected, but also in hopes of getting more fruit. There are lots of blossoms! I'm so excited!

Apple

Cherry

Italian Prune

My construction adviser helped me make a raised bed garden. This has been my dream as it discouraged slugs so there is less loss and much less stress. I have planted lettuce, onions, carrots and radishes in this one:


The back pallet garden has mixed greens and tatsoi. With my new-found construction knowledge, I took all the ugly wood pieces out of my garage and made myself another raised bed planter. This one is an experiment and I'm growing more carrots and onions:


The motivation continued and I made myself a small planter for my strawberries:


I've also added several new pallet gardens this year that I hope to fill with lettuces, mustards and basil. When they start growing I'll post some photos. 

I'm using every inch of my small yard for production!

1 comment: