Friday, May 18, 2012

Garden Treasure!

Ah! Life is good. I found another marble buried deep in the dirt under grass.




This is where I found the marble:




I'm digging out my grass. I hate grass. I have the kind of grass that spreads all over. It infiltrates everything.  Removing grass is a lot of work. The above picture is what I did today. This is what I accomplished yesterday:




Little by little.  Peter really likes grass so some of it has to stay. Although he's really loving the dirt, too, so I'm finding little holes all over.  He loves to dig in fresh dirt and will jump right in when I'm shoveling like he wants to help.




And he loves to pee on it. He's re-scenting it. This area used to be his toilet, but since he abandoned it in favor of the backyard I don't feel guilty digging it up.  I'm replacing grass with walkways and more flowers. Friendlier plants.  I like these:




I don't know what they are called. These are my neighbor's. So pretty. Like little fairy flowers.




Hopefully, Peter will like some new flowers. If not, he'll make them disappear overnight. After all, it's HIS garden.


Later in the summer when it's all done I'll post some pictures.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I agree they are lovely. I bought some today. I fear Peter might eat them but I guess I'll find out. It's always a risk.

      Delete