Saturday, May 19, 2012

Garden Treasure: Not-So-Ready-For-Takeoff!

The Lilliputian War is still going strong, but I fear someone lost a valuable piece of weaponry in the last battle....




This is one of those treasures that excavated itself from who-knows-where. I found it in my vegetable garden which has been sifted, raked, dug, and re-dug a hundred times. WHERE did it come from? I'm weeding tiny little weeds, not even using a spade or shoved and I notice what looks unnaturally man-made sticking out of the dirt. I pull on it and out of the carrots comes a fighter jet!

"Mayday! Mayday! Going down in the veggies!"

It is said the universe gives you what you need when you need it. I needed a fighter jet today.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Maybe you have toy fairies in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I would love some fairies, even real ones!

      Delete
    2. Have you ever seen that book "Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book"? Illustrated by Brian Froud and written by Terry Jones? The original was written in the early 1900s about a girl who spends her days sitting in a garden catching fairies in her diary - squishes them and writes around their bodies. It's quite gruesome but kinda humorous is a sadistic way. Brian Froud's illustrations are amazing. His other fairy book "Good Fairies, Bad Fairies" is an encyclopedia of types of fairies and magical creatures. Awesome illustrations. I have both.

      Delete