Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Real Dream House: Part Three, pH Living

pH Living specializes in homes for people with MCS! Their designs are focused on environmental quality with special considerations to energy efficiency, green technologies, state of the art electrical distribution systems and low or non-toxic construction materials. They use wool for insulation and tile for flooring, although you can request hardwood, too.


The cost is $150.00 per square foot which is really quite reasonable. If I'm doing the math right (correct me if I'm wrong) a tiny 10 x 10 house would be $15,000 and that includes design, construction and building codes. I don't know if all building codes allow tiny 10 x 10 homes so even at 200 square feet the cost would be $30,000. Their website says it takes 3 to 5 months from concept to finish to complete, but really only 2 to 4 weeks to build the house.

Here are some of my favorite designs:


The Barn design


A Studio design - I like the stilts. No chance of flooding.

Another Studio design...this is my tiny house.
I like the woods. Do they come with it?
The Expandable Flat design...hmmm.
Looks like a lead-free shipping container. I can do that.


And they also remodel houses. I'm guessing that means they come into your house and make it non-toxic. Maybe they can come over and make my house look like this:


 
I love that architectural companies are thinking about the environment and healthy living!
 
Thanks to Anaphylaxing for posting this company on her blog.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, if only the woods came with the house. I would shift there within a heartbeat!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one I totally agree with! I contacted this company a couple of months ago to start working on some ideas. They seem awesome.

    ReplyDelete