Sunday, February 8, 2015

Kaleidoscope Railing

I finally got around to painting the second railing.



I had planned to cover it with rope which is what one does with a ship railing, but it was a whole lot of money for the rope and the green they had didn't quite match. Much cheaper to paint. Because the railing is metal, I was worried the paint wouldn't stick, but I washed, scrubbed, then primed. Once the paint is cured I plan to cover it with a varnish to protect it. These hand rails get a lot of use. We'll see.

I'm not sure if I like the stripes. I wanted it to match the stairs, but more importantly the metal was dinged and chipped so a solid color might accentuate the flaws. Strips or patterns would detract from them. I'm still pondering if a solid color would be better visually? Hmmm...

I had a visitor yesterday. He said he thinks this is a house munchkins would like. LOL! Hey, bright and cheerful equals happy and joyful. Munchkins are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have one solid and one striped. I love it! Looks great the way it is. Munchkins yes! Did you tape around each stripe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No taping...that would be too much work. I'm a lazy painter. LOL.

      Delete