Sunday, February 1, 2015

Winter Painting Project

I'm running out of surfaces in my house to paint. Last year I did the closets and the year before I did the pantry. Prior to that I painted my office walls, bathroom and mudroom. This is how I entertain myself and survive our gray, rain-drenched winters. I thought I had run out of places to add bright, colorful, crazy designs and then I realized one I hadn't considered - the STAIRS!

My staircase is white. It just screams for color!



From boring to:
PIZZAZZ!


I love how it now matches the lime green walls. It looks much easier than it was as I'm not accustomed to painting stripes on a vertical surface. The paint kept wanting to drip. I even painted the hand rail pink which matches the pink and green patternscape canvases hanging above (you can't see them in these photos).

So bright and cheerful.
I haven't yet painted the tops of the steps. I didn't want to do the stripes on the tops because I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to distinguish each step which might be a safety hazard especially at night in the dark. I'm thinking either floral or abstract designs right in the middle each of the step. Hmmm.... I'm not sure how motivated I am nor if I want the inconvenience of no second floor access for as long as the paint cures. I'll think on it. Until then I'll enjoy the new cheerfulness of stair climbing!

6 comments: