Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day, Crappy Drivers!

I had close encounters of the bad driver kind today. I'm buzzing down the highway with cruise control set at 55 mph due to all the police patrols and ahead I see this car on the side of the road just sitting there with its brake lights on. So I turn off cruise control and let the car slow slightly.

At about twenty feet away from the car, the ignoramus pulls out in front of me! I was still going at least 50 mph. Thank god for good reflexes. I slammed on the brakes, they squealed loudly, and my whole van slid about ten feet heading right at the car but veering across the highway. Thank god there were no oncoming cars! There was a car behind me but at least 50 feet away. The ignoramus car speeds up, thankfully, or I might have slammed right into him. Wow. I came at least five feet from hitting him. Too close for comfort. At first I was shaking, then angry, then cussing. For a brief moment I considered calling 911 to report is sorry ass driving skills, but then I remembered all the times I've pulled out in front of people without realizing it. Karma reminding me we are all human. Oops.

Another twenty miles down the same highway I come around a corner and another ignoramus is passing a car driving in my lane right toward me!  I'm forced to drive on the shoulder and he pulled in just in time.

"ARE YOU BLIND, IGNORAMUS DRIVER? CAN'T YOU SEE THE NO PASSING LINES FOR YOUR LANE??"

 I can't tell you how happy I was to get off the highway!




HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
 
So grateful for my excellent brakes!
So happy for my quick reflexes!
So thankful to be alive!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that but I encounter drivers like these everyday busy on their smartphones SMS-ing and Whatsapp-ing non-stop with their eyes glued to their gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, people are ignorant and I hate it they are so stupid they talk on phones while trying to drive. A few days ago I had one who swerved into my lane and was on a phone. We are starting to see laws restricting handheld phones here. Do you have these laws there? People still talk while driving. Ignoramuses.

      Delete
  2. We have but it makes no difference. They think they have 3 brains which can operate at one go.

    ReplyDelete