Sunday, February 17, 2019

Conventionally-Grown Pesticide-Saturated

The Guardian published the article, "What the Pesticides in Our Urine Tell Us About Organic Food" by Kendra Klein and Anna Lappe. It was posted on the Organic Consumers Association website.

In summary, a study was done on how eating organic food affects the pesticide levels in a person's body. They had four families eat a non-organic diet then switched to an organic diet. Fourteen common pesticide chemicals were tested.

Malathion was created during World War II as a nerve agent and is one of the more toxic chemicals still commonly used in the United States. It contributes to autism, learning disabilities, reduced IQs in children, or general brain development issues and dysfunction. There was a plan to ban malathion, but the Trump administration circumvented it. (What a surprise, eh?) This study showed after switching to an organic diet, the levels of malathion dropped significantly...95%! Wow.

Pesticide chemicals are linked to hormone disruption, infertility, Parkinson's, depression, Alzheimer's, cancer, and many other health issues. I ate pesticides for years. Did it contribute to my chemical sensitivity. Probably.

I wonder how an organic diet has impacted my health. I know at the very least I don't get sunburned and I do contribute that to my non-chemical lifestyle which includes eating only organic food. This might seem a minor point, but as a redhead, I should fry in the sun in a very short time. Not anymore!

Some people have claimed (in a whiny voice, mind you) that organic food doesn't taste any different so what is the point. I understand - they are unenlightened and have no concept of chemicals or health. I know if I eat non-organic food I have symptoms that range from headaches to intestinal cramping to exhaustion to nausea or all of the above. How many people experience headaches and just chalk it up to stress or any number of plausible excuses? Fatigue is a common problem for most of society. Unfortunately, people just aren't making the connection.

Chemicals are killing us. If you're still eating a non-organic, conventionally-grown, pesticide-saturated diet, at the very least your brain is SCREWED! I know people who take supplements or do brain exercises in anticipation of age-related brain function problems as a desperate attempt to control memory issues or dementia. As I've said many times, supplements are snake oil. Maybe they counteract the impact of chemicals, but I doubt since so many of them use chemicals for processing. The best solution: GO ORGANIC!

You can read the full article HERE (If it's still accessible.)


No comments:

Post a Comment