Thursday, February 14, 2019

Shepherd's Pie (recipe)



I found this recipe online, but I did a LOT of tweaking. I used fresh, organic produce and grass-fed, organic beef and butter. Coconut milk instead of milk. I eliminated all ingredients that are on my food sensitivities list, but listed them as options. No way am I going to use processed gravy mix on anything.

Preheat oven 350 degrees.

Ingredients:

2 potatoes or sweet potatoes, peeled, diced, boiled (I used one of each.)
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup coconut milk

1 lb. hamburger
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup red pepper
1 cup green beans
1 cup peas
1 teaspoon thyme
salt and pepper
2 cup corn kernels (optional)
2 carrots, peeled and chopped (optional)
1 tablespoon tomato paste (optional)
gravy mix (optional...yuck...no way)

Boil the potatoes until soft.

While the potatoes are boiling, sauteed the hamburger and all the ingredients listed under "hamburger". When cooked, place in baking dish.



When potatoes are done, place in bowl with butter and milk. Whip on high until mashed and fluffy. Frost the mashed potatoes on top of the hamburger. Add salt and pepper.



Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Yum. Unfortunately. In order to keep my colon working I can't overeat. This is way, way, way too tempting especially with my weakness for anything with mashed potatoes. Tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment