Sunday, November 28, 2021

Recalling All Toxic Poisons!


I used Secret deodorant in both aerosol and roll-on forms for most of my life. In fact, as a teenager, I collected deodorant cans. Yeah, that's weird, but I wanted a collection no one else had and empty deodorant cans were accumulating all around me and free. I think if I would have saved them they might be worth money. Maybe? Yeah, I doubt it.

It's been years since I've used a toxic, smelly deodorant and instead I now use vinegar and baking soda. I try to live by the rule, if I can't eat it, I don't put it on my body. I have tried some of the so-called non-toxic versions, but I find vinegar and baking soda works much better. I am hoping my chemical-free practices save me from any number of diseases caused by these chemicals, but who knows how much damage I did before I became enlightened?

Proctor & Gamble is recalling their Secret and Old Spice products because they contain a cancer-causing ingredient called benzene. For anyone who is somewhat enlightened, any word with ene on the end of it is a toxin: styrene, pentene, butene, ethylene, propylene....most plastics are made with enes. I often forget that most of the population is conveniently unaware. It seems benzene specifically causes leukemia. I wonder, Are they just now figuring this out? This ene warning has been around for a long time.

Of course, the company immediately followed up the recall with a statement, "Daily exposure to benzene in the recalled products at the levels detected in our testing would not be expected to cause adverse health consequences." So are they saying cancer isn't an "adverse health consequence"? If daily exposure isn't a problem, then why recall at all? Are they trying to mitigate the influx of lawsuits? Sounds like legal double-talk to me.


What about all the other products filled with cancer-causing enes, for instance, those with fragrances? All fragrances have toluene, but no one is recalling products with this ingredient. It's time they should. Can you imagine? HABA shelves would be emptied! Unfortunately, it would greatly affect the bottom line of not only the companies that manufacture products using these ingredients but the chemical companies would take a huge hit. Profits are far more important than people!

Click HERE for the article and the list of recall products. Link:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/p-g-recalls-old-spice-121628737.html

No comments:

Post a Comment