Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ocean Adventures, Part Six: Disappointment

Today I attempted an ocean adventure at a little fishing village thinking their farmers' market was on Sunday. Wrong. It's on Saturday. Darn. So I thought I'd still have a look at the ocean. Wrong. The town is located in a little cove so there were no ocean views. Darn.

So I drove. I knew a beach had to be somewhere nearby and I found myself [lost] on the Lewis and Clark Trail. So glad I didn't have to explore day after day on a horse in the rain like they did. I ended up around Cape Disappointment, aptly named. So today's ocean adventure: disappointment.



The views from the hilltops were beautiful...and free.



Unfortunately, the closer I got to a beach the more often I saw "Fee Area" signs. Call me cheap or just stubborn, but I won't pay to see a beach when I have so many at my disposal closer to home. It was really frustrating.  No adventure to be found. Maybe I should have sped through the payment booth and I not paid? Maybe I would have been arrested? That would have been an adventure!

Cape Disappointment was a disappointment.




The trip home was rainy.  Typical weather for the month of Junuary. Good weather for a Sunday afternoon nap.

3 comments:

  1. I soo hear you on not paying to see the wonders of nature. I'm getting like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to justify paying by reminding myself that's how they keep parks and such in good condition, but it still feels like it's a tourist trap. I'm just cheap. Next month I'll go to a beach closer to home. It's the driving long distance that is most frustrating so I'll stop thinking I have to go to a different beach every month and just go to one close by...with no fees!

      Delete
  2. Junuary?! Hahahahahahaha!
    Rain is better than haze anytime!

    ReplyDelete