Saturday, July 19, 2014

DAY SEVEN!!!

As I've mentioned before, I have about a 2-4 day maximum load threshold with drugs, herbs or any supplements. Multi-vitamin pills make me ill on day two. Herbs usually day four. Some supplements make me mental while others make my body hurt.

I began my thyroid hormone replacement therapy with much hope and some trepidation. The DHEA was a short-lived experience so I wasn't even sure if my adrenals got a jump-start. Will this type of thyroid fail like all the others? When I say "fail" I don't mean will they not do what they should, I mean can I even tolerate them long enough to allow them to work? I've done everything possible to select the most natural, tolerable form possible: low-dose USP Thyroid from a pig, gelatin capsules, and rice flour filler. On the Dr. Kharazzian diet I'm not supposed to eat pork or rice. I wasn't associating these pills with food. Next time I'll opt for bovine (cow) thyroid and coconut flour filler. Sounds like the latest gourmet recipe...Yatna's Coconut Beef Goulash.

I'm also taking them first thing in the morning on an empty stomach as directed, but with twice as much water as recommended. I'm doing everything possible to be successful. I'm tired of being tired all the time.

Day one came and went, although I did feel slightly more energetic. Was it just wishful thinking? I think most drug effects are mental, or the placebo effect. We are so desperate for something to work, we imagine it. I need this to work.

On day two, three hours after taking the pill I felt a tinge of nausea...so I drank more water and ate more food and it went away. Some days my neck slightly hurts which is a common chemical exposure reaction for me, and other days I've experienced very slight itching of the back, another common reaction to something foreign. Most days I'm feeling more energetic to the point where I want something to do, but this new motivation is so strange I don't know what to do with myself. My muscles still feel weak and sore with late afternoon moments of slight fatigue, but it could be a physical reaction to new energy levels or when the pills are wearing off.

I know medications take time and I don't expect this very low dosage to create much of a difference. I even read minor nausea might go away after a week or two of adjustment as long as the nausea is tolerable. Adjustment is the key to making this work as I read not to get too impatient and raise the dosage to quickly. Slowly ease into it and give the body a chance to assimilate the drug and figure out what to do with it.

It's now day seven, three days past day four, and these pills are tolerable!!! For me this is a MEDICAL MIRACLE!!!


HOORAY!
(So far...)
 

4 comments:

  1. Wowy Zowy!! I hope they continue to not offend and then actually do something good for you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete