Thursday, July 3, 2014

Garden Miracles

Today is perfect weather. How often does that happen? It's sunny, warm, with a slight breeze. Not too hot (yesterday was in the 90s), no rain (rare), and no stink in the air. I haven't been doing much gardening this year being unable to walk for a while and then preoccupied with construction projects so I didn't plant much. It's at the point where it takes care of itself and that's fine by me!

Peter's sun garden. Those sticks are where sunflowers are, but they aren't growing
fast enough and bugs keep eating them.


Pumpkin. Bug eaten leaf, but the others look fine!
That gives me hope.

Kabocha squash. Nice.
 
Zucchini squash. Nice.
 
 
 
Feverfew. This bush grew wild and now it's quite large.
 
 
I used to feed the roses to Peter. They are beautiful and smell lovely,
but they make me sad now.
 

Clematis. Taking over the deck.
 
First blooming poppy.
 

Apple tree is LOADED this year. I've never seen so many apples!
They probably won't be as big and juicy as last year's harvest
since there was only ten or so,
but now there are at least 100!
The rabbit manure (nitrogen) must be wearing off.





4 comments: