Sunday, October 11, 2015

Anti-Dots

I'm worried. I have developed an aversion to dots. BUT I LOVE DOTS!? I put dots on everything. It's my signature! I'm like Dot, the cartoon girl who loves dots!

That dress is disturbingly short!

Lots of dots in different sizes.
 
 

Dots in different colors.
 
 
 

Dots on everything.
 
 


The porch I painted was supposed to have dots. Lots of dots. Dots on the edges. Dots on the background. Dots down the vines. Dots on dots. I painted them, then painted over almost all of them. What is the matter with me?




My latest painting project is a $1 chair I bought at a yard sale over the summer. I have not been motivated so I put off painting it for a long time. Any idea I had didn't feel right. I decided to paint it different colors like my stairs and then to load it with dots like another chair I have:



I tried three times to paint dots and each time wiped them off. So it's just stripes.


Just stripes. No dots. Not one dot. The thought of dots is repulsive. The stripes are screaming for dots, but I can't do it, but it doesn't feel finished. It looks plain. But I can't do dots!



Maybe it's brain trauma of some kind? Or maybe it WAS brain trauma and now my brain has healed? Or maybe now my thing is stripes?

 
I am perplexed...and disturbed.

3 comments:

  1. You wanna come over and paint my house? Hehe.... It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your were able to Dot the porch, so you still have it. Sometimes contrast values the Dot even more than its presence. The Dot still rules. But only when it feels like it. Still looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your positive attitude! But the dots are dwindling...almost gone.

      Delete