Wednesday, October 28, 2015

WHY Are You Not Listening to Me, AGAIN AND AGAIN?

I found another naturopath who is closer to me so she's only a three hour trip instead of eight hours. It's a little bit of an improvement. She also offered a fifteen-minute "meet-and-greet" so I could ask questions, scope her out before spending the big bucks. I figured I could ascertain if she was capable of listening.

My "meet-and-greet" consisted of Can you treat a patient without drugs? Do you have ANYTHING in your protocol other than drugs? I went into great detail about my drug intolerance and the many years of misery due to doctors who don't get it. In detail I defined the scope of what I call a drug: prescriptions, supplements of any kind including but not limited to herbs, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, flavonoids, weird-ass antioxidants, and any food that acts like a drug (caffeine, herb-ish plants).

She claimed she did have alternative treatments. She mentioned a more in-depth analysis of the gene mutation interpretation that might offer some answers and options. She talked about energy treatments which I think are a waste of money but as long as they aren't drugs, she was answering my questions.

So I make the $175.00 appointment. On all my intake forms I write in bold letters, "I DO NOT DO DRUGS AND WILL NOT TRY DRUGS AS AN EXPERIMENT."

I know these appointments are more about my background than her diagnosis/treatment ideas, but as we get to the end all she's talking about are drugs. She keeps saying, "I know you said you don't take drugs, but...." She even tells me she doesn't see the point in having me do the gene mutation interpretations after all because all the related treatments are drugs. Hmmmm....and why didn't she tell me this during the meet-and-greet?

Her written treatment plan with everything she wants me to do has nine items. Other than "Go to the lab for blood work" and "Call me if you have questions", everything is a drug!

Are doctors incapable of thinking beyond poisoning patients? Have they been brainwashed into a drug culture and can't think out of their tiny, narrow-minded box?  Are they just all liars? Are they just trying to get me to spend money like any snake-oil salesman? Are they all brain dead and incapable of listening?

WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN TO ME?

Maybe I should lay down the law from now on: If you even mention drugs at any time for any reason, the appointment is FREE! LOL!


5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog this morning after doing a Google search on mcs and essential oils and want to let you know I'm reading and enjoying your posts and look forward to more. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! And thank you! I hope some of my information is useful or helpful!

      Delete
    2. Welcome! And thank you! I hope some of my information is useful or helpful!

      Delete