Sunday, July 22, 2018

Self-Reliance Repeat, or "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar"

The closet with the new vent is now lined and I am so proud. I shouldn't confess this, but I had to cut each board individually and I was so profoundly inept at measuring I was forced to traipse up and down the stairs at least FIVE times for each board. Measure, check, wrong, adjust...measure, check, wrong, adjust, repeat, repeat, repeat. I know there is a trick to measuring wood, a secret, but I have no idea. I just fly by the seat of my pants. It was exhausting. But it's done. And beautiful:

Back wall, side and ceiling view.


Inside wall view.

I don't think I'm going to paint this closet like I did the others. The paint stinks, and more importantly, it took about two years before the other closets stopped stinking. I'm liking the pine wood smell. So glad that toxic stink is gone.

It still gets hot, but not nearly as much, and it cools down much faster.

So proud! So exhausted...already. I still have about ten more projects on my summer list. Not sure how far I'll get.

No comments:

Post a Comment