Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Stuff


Farting. We all do it and in so many different ways. Sometimes it's unexpected and embarrassing; other times we free-fart in privacy and delight. So, how did it get to be such a social faux pas?

I once went to the Museum of Witchcraft in Cornwall, England. On display they had "fart bottles". In the Middle Ages it was believed flatulence was a demon who had taken up residence inside an unfortunate person so people used these long-necked bottles, stuck them up their backsides, and farted into them. The bottles were then sealed believing the demon was contained, unable to torment their former host or infiltrate anyone else's body. Kinda like "I Dream of Jeanie" only in a really bad way. I love history.

Girl Alive sent me this link titled, "The Fart That Almost Altered My Destiny" and warned I would LOL! Oh, she was so right. I had tears rolling down my cheeks:

http://hahasforhoohas.com/the-fart-that-almost-altered-my-destiny/

Laughter is good.

1 comment: