Wednesday, September 18, 2013

RelaxShacks

I just discovered Derek Diedricksen and his blog Relax Shacks. He has been building tiny houses, cabins, tree houses and shacks in his backyard since he was a kid and uses all found objects! Freebies! Windows made from old washing machine doors, bottles as door knobs, doors made from old radiator parts or cupboards pieced together, walls constructed with old doors. He's a speaker for the Tumbleweed Tiny Home conferences and gives workshops. He's incredibly artistic, joyful, and fun to watch. Here's a video on Derek talking about his process:

 
 
I love how he names all his little shelters cute names. It's more like art than construction for him. I think I might need to buy his book for its art value!
 
Be sure to check out his blog. His posts not only cover his art creations, but also feature tiny homes others have built.
 
Very inspiring. For my next project, I'm going to need some pallet boards to make some outdoor lounge chairs!

1 comment: