Friday, March 23, 2012

The Perfect Friend: Be a Bunny

Why Peter is the perfect friend:

He doesn't wear perfume so he won't walk right into my house and wonder with a stupid look on his face why I'm choking.


He doesn't whine, You don't like my perfume! and refuse to talk to me.


He doesn't wear make-up nor does he feel self-conscious about it. He knows I appreciate his fresh face and natural look.

He doesn't poof his fur with hair mousse , hair gel, or hair spray. He does think he might look devilishly handsome that way, but he still doesn't do it.

He doesn't even go to a beauty parlor.

He doesn't wash anything in smelly laundry detergent and fabric softeners.



He doesn't wash himself with smelly soap or shampoo.



Washing His Face


He doesn't come to my door and ask me to smell his stinky body to see if it bothers me.

He wouldn't get pissy if I told him he DID stink.

I don't have to tell him not to stink every time we plan to do something because he has a good memory. I'm important enough in his life to want to remember.


He doesn't smoke cigarettes.


His friends or roommates don't stink or smoke either, so their smell isn't on him.


Sun Bathing

He doesn't tell me I'm faking it.


He doesn't tell me I'm Looney Tunes. He does, however, enjoy Bugs Bunny.

He doesn't wear treated leather coats.


He doesn't smell our air space up with microwaved junk food.


He doesn't smell like the air fresheners in his car because he doesn't put air fresheners in his car. He doesn't even have a car. He's very environmentally conscientious.

If we have to go somewhere, he lets me drive.  Not only does he not like to drive, but he doesn't even like going for a ride.

Scratch Me, Please



He doesn't give me gifts saturated in stink and get offended when I start gagging. Rabbit manure doesn't smell and is really good for the garden.



He's not into movies, concerts, theater, traveling, shopping, parties so he's not going to brag nonstop about doing these fun things to someone who can't. He thinks it's a bit like bragging to someone in a wheelchair about the joys of walking.


He doesn't care about holidays so he likes spending them alone with me. Because he spends them with me he doesn't complain about family gatherings because he believes if you don't like your family then why in the hell are you subjecting yourself to so much drama?


Looking Guilty: "I'm Just Gardening!"


He likes being outdoors and especially likes gardening.

He doesn't annoy me even when he eats my favorite plants.


He's not a religious nut, so he doesn't tell me I'm chemically sensitive because I don't go to church. Nor does he tell me I'm going to hell.


He doesn't like dogs. Such stupid animals.

He doesn't eat chocolate, but he doesn't judge me if I do nor does he say, I told you so, if I eat it and get sick. He also doesn't brag about how chocolate doesn't bother him.



Cleaning His Weapons

He protects me from strangers with loud foot thumping.


He doesn't eat gluten. He doesn't eat cookies and pie in front of me. He likes carrots, beans and apples.


He never complains. If I'm late feeding him, he gives me the stink eye, but he still never complains.


He's quiet.


He's a good listener.


He's never told me I need to lose weight. Thanks, my sweet.


Waiting Patiently


He gets excited when he sees me.


What do you think are qualities that make a good friend?






2 comments: