Wednesday, March 7, 2012

New Year's Resolution: Ocean Adventures

Today I went to the ocean. For many this might be a one, two, four hour drive or flight, but for me, twenty minutes in the car.



Lucky, I know, so why do I take it for granted?  I rarely go to the ocean.



The ocean here is nothing like you'd find in California or Hawaii.




It's cold and rainy most of the time. Today was surprisingly sunny, but very cold.




I walked along a beach trail through the dunes and among the driftwood.




My New Year's Resolution is to visit the ocean more this year. Once a month is my goal. I'm already two months behind! 





I did visit the ocean in December. Does that count? Here's proof:




Peace, tranquility and fresh air. It doesn't get better than this!




Love it.

4 comments:

  1. Can I live with you, preeeeeeety put-lease???? I promise not to stink! HAHA!!! I envy you. 20 minutes to the beach! I would go there a few times a week! Joel would love it. :)

    The fresh sea air might even heal you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I said that, too. When I lived three hours away I would make the drive at least once a year. A big selling point for moving here was I could hang out at the ocean all the time and I think in the seven years I've lived here I've gone maybe once a year if that. So strange what we take for granted when we have it.

      Delete
  2. I would love to live by the beach. I am originally a California girl, but now live near the mountains. I really miss the ocean - it has such a calming affect on me.Plus most of my family lives there too!

    ReplyDelete