Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Side Effects of MCS Poisoning

Studies have shown around 34% of the population react to fragrances. For this group, it could be a minor discomfort that goes relatively unnoticed or explained away like a headache, fatigue, burning eyes or nausea. About 17% are seriously affected to the point where it impacts their existence forcing them to make lifestyle adjustments. Around 5% are diagnosed with MCS. Not everyone being poisoned by common chemicals reacts the same which is why diagnosing this condition is a challenge. My list of side effects may or may not apply to each and every person. Here are some symptomatic examples (in no discernable order):

headaches

migraines

nausea

vertigo

equilibrium issues

joint and muscle pain

vomiting

skin rashes

hives

wheezing

coughing

respiratory dysfunction

anaphylaxis

fatigue         

exhaustion

skin itch

body itch

intestinal cramps

diarrhea

sinus pain

brain fog

brain bubbles

skin crawl

hearing sensitivity

back and neck pain

crying

irritability

mood swings

nightmares

spinal inflammation

numbing

ammonia smell on skin

memory loss

blurred vision

burning eyes

hyperactivity

heart beat irregularities

speech impairments

sweating

food cravings

hair loss

insomnia

urinary tract infections

depression


Do you have other symptoms not listed above? Please share.

5 comments:

  1. Severe burning sensation on my lips, in my mouth, tongue, nostrils and sinus. It feels as though someone sprayed acid on me. Or pour salt on a fresh incision. A big incision that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, my head burns like crazy, sometimes my shoulders, arms and knees, too. One doctor thought it might be from chemical sensitivity, but it only started a few years ago so I don't know for sure. I've also heard maybe hormone levels causing inflammation or Lyme Disease. It's a mystery to me....

      Delete
  2. Oh, and swelling of the insides of my ears. And hearing which is out-of-pitch. The left ear hears a 440Htz. The right 442Htz. Drove me crazy fro months as I was a musician.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have insane hearing sensitivity. My ears will also itch or burn, but every doctor I have seen for it says there is nothing wrong with my ears. Very frustrating.

      Delete
  3. Yup, every doctor tells us that there is nothing WRONG with us! Extremely frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete