Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Santy Claws = 8 Possum Wrangler = 0

Round 9.

How many rounds does one go in boxing before they've lost? I think I've lost, but I haven't given up!

With much disappointment, I dismantled the garbage can traps. On the light blue garbage can I could see little paw prints where Santy Claws was trying to figure out how to get to the food without getting stuck. They were on the rim and about five inches down the inside. He was reaching as far as his little arms could go without falling in. He is definitely an exceptionally smart opossum.

So it's time to get serious. Traps are really expensive. They can be rented from the Humane Society, but, hey, wait a minute! I'm surrounded by hunters and trappers. My neighbor has been bragging to everyone he has trapped at least forty raccoons and opossums in the last year. When I saw him outside today I asked him if he would help me catch my pet opossum that is residing under my house. I added I haven't heard the opossum for a while so he might have left. He said, "Oh, no. Once make themselves at home, they don't leave." I didn't tell him Santy Claws might be dead. So he loaned me his trap!




I hope it works. I put some tasty treats for bait: 1/2 banana and an apple core. Trapper guy said sometimes it doesn't trigger. I'm more worried Santy Claws will get caught because it's been freezing at night. I don't want him to stay out there too long so I think I'll leave my window open and hopefully when the trap snaps, I'll hear it.

I'm excited!!


Ho! Ho! Ho! You can't catch me!




New Year's Resolution: Catch the Santy Claws.


No comments:

Post a Comment