Sunday, December 8, 2013

38 Degrees

Damn, it's cold in here. Granted, it's 12 degrees outside, but 38 degrees inside?

This Eden Pure Gen 4 heater definitely doesn't heat 1,000 square feet as the ads proclaim. So I've sealed off my office area which is 100 square feet so I can function. It doesn't even heat 100 square feet efficiently, but it's tolerable. Venturing out to the kitchen or the bathroom is an Arctic adventure. I've also brought the pee bucket into my office to use as a toilet as I'm afraid my naked butt will stick to the frozen toilet seat and I've moved my camping mattress down into my office. I'm really glad I spent my vacation camping in 20 degree weather. It prepared me for this winter! No winter projects for me this year. It's challenging enough just trying to think of creative ways to stay warm.

On the positive side, I feel so much better. My lungs and sinuses aren't congested and the rash on my face has disappeared. I am living in the square footage of a tiny house and loving it! Now if I could just stop shivering.

I need to re-think my heating situation...




I moved the olive oil to the stove top.
It's  so cold,
it's opaque and solid.

4 comments:

  1. I think you have to wear winter clothing a INSIDE the house!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I have on a wool hat, a t-shirt, turtleneck sweater, wool sweater, cotton socks, two pairs of wool socks, leggings, pants, and a scarf that wraps around my neck three times. It's not enough...

      Delete
  2. It's so wearing being cold all the time. I love being warm. Quilt, slippers, hot drink, good book. It doesn't include working, sitting at a desk, or doing anything else that isn't the above activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is my dream. I find I'm excessively hungry and insatiable when I'm cold, too.

      Delete