Thursday, January 20, 2022

Health Care Curse

It's a new year and I always like to think of it as a new beginning. A fresh start where everything will be wonderful and will proceed as it should be, not as it has been.

Health care...hmmmm....

First, I found myself a new doctor. Maybe. He's a functional medicine doctor and I'm impressed with some of his online videos. He likes to talk and since most doctors don't talk, I think I would really like a talker. I'm always full of hope and anticipation for the first appointment and then they fail miserably...BUT I'm not going to think like that! Be positive! It's a new year!

Second, I ordered a new thyroid prescription refill. This compounding pharmacy has failed every step of the way, but I stick with them because I'm not convinced another compounding pharmacy would be any better. I've had problems with all of them.

It takes them two weeks to refill the prescription and I'm out of medication and scrapping the bottle. The new refill came today! I was relieved. I opened it up, ready to dive into fresh drug. It won't come out of the bottle. Ummmm.... I shake it, and try again. I tear the label off because it covers the bottle and I want to see through it. I see nothing, but I think maybe the drug is on the side of the bottle or solidified on the bottom. It's hard to see through these brown pharmaceutical bottles. I got a flashlight and tried to peer in. Then I got a Q-Tip , shoved it in, and swished it around.

THERE IS NOTHING IN THE FUCKING BOTTLE. SHIT. They sent me an empty bottle? I paid for an empty bottle? Nice.


What is it with health care and me? We are enemies! Am I the only one with these experiences? Every step is a constant struggle. Am I cursed? Will I be cursed with bad health care experiences for the rest of my life? How can I possibly be positive for the new year when my bad luck persists?

The pharmacist apologized profusely, snatched up a new bottle, actually infused it with drug, and sent it. And charged me AGAIN!! Really? The snafus are never ending!

The end of my rant.

UGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment