Saturday, August 15, 2026

Pondering Existence

I saw this online. I love brainstorms that make me question my existence. 

"If you had the opportunity to call yourself ten years ago, but only had sixty seconds to talk, what would you say?"

This would be a can of worms...2016 is just before the pandemic.

1.) "There is a pandemic due to hit around January 2020...Stock up on supplies especially toilet paper, rubbing alcohol, and N96 masks." Would I have listened to myself? Probably not. I was warned in advance from a friend living in Asia to do just this. I did not understand the seriousness of this advice so my supplies were not nearly stocked enough. I did, however, already have a huge supply of toilet paper having just cancelled my membership with Costco. The one N96 mask I used for art had to last me about six months!! It was pretty worn out once I was able to get a supply!

2.) "Apply for unemployment and grants immediately. Don't sit around for long wondering if you should."

3.) "DO NOT go to work for that idiot herbalist!" I worked for her about a week before the pandemic lockdown started and I'm pretty sure that's where I got COVID. Otherwise, I was typically pretty isolated in my day to day life. I don't know if not going to her house and being exposed to her children would have prevented me from getting COVID another way, but...

4.) "If you get COVID, don't drag your sick self out of bed to getting the test." For the first six months the COVID tests were only 20% accurate. Why bother?

5.) Prepare to sell the house and move. Start getting rid of belongings in 2020 and get rid of EVERYTHING!" Maybe this wouldn't have been possible since so much was shut down for so long? I don't know if eBay was working during the pandemic.

6.) "Put the house up for sale in 2021". My neighbors sold their house in 2021 and got top price. By the time I put it on the market in 2024, everyone was doing the same thing!

7.) "Buy a house or buy land and build something else immediately before the real estate prices are through the roof."

8.) "Sell the van in 2021 and buy another either new or in Arizona so it hasn't been contaminated with mold."

9.) "Do not waste your money on those functional medicine quacks."

I wonder if I could say all that in sixty seconds? I'm pretty sure when I finished my 2016 self would say, "Hmmmm....WHAT? Let me get a pen and could you repeat that?" I guess I should start with, "GRAB A PEN FAST!" Well, then my 2016 would have said, "Who the hell is this?"  Or hung up! OK! I doublt if I'd even answer the call from my own phone number identifying my own name! I'd think it was a scam. LOL!

What would you tell yourself ten years ago in sixty seconds?

No comments:

Post a Comment