Monday, August 10, 2015

Echinacea!!!

 
I finally found some Echinacea!!! So beautiful! And they smell so good! They are perennials so hopefully they will survive the winter and grow giant in my daisy garden next summer. I bought seeds in the spring but nothing came up so it might take them longer to germinate. These are called "Cheyenne Spirit."

 
 

I was so excited I also bought another perennial - Rudbeckia, which is a type of sunflower but also similar to Echinacea. These are called "Tiger Eye".


I've been working on this daisy garden all year but unable to find the plants I need. Next year it should be spectacular.

 
I LOVE CHEERFUL FLOWERS!

3 comments:

  1. I love the name Rudbeckia. Sounds very German. Pretty flowers. When I was little in New England, Black-Eyed Susans would bloom from roadcuts. I see them now and can hear and smell summer at the shore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The city of Rathole has planters up and down Main Street with black-eyed susans. They are about to seed so I'll be collecting those and see if I can plant them next spring. All kinds of daisy flowers add cheerfulness to a garden.

      Delete
  2. We have the yellow ones over here too! Such bright colours.

    ReplyDelete