Thursday, August 1, 2013

MCS Eco-Village

 
 
I want to join a MCS Eco-Village Permaculture Community. I can't seem to find one in existence, but I'm finding blogs written by people who are also interested. This is a start! I'm just not sure how to get everyone together. If I had lots of money, I'd buy the land and start building little houses..


BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!
 
 
 
 
Here is what we need:
 
Land (twenty or more acres) in a relatively toxic-free area
Power (solar, electricity, other)
Water (well)
Septic System (composting toilets, greywater recycling, other)
Tiny houses
Community building with shared facilities (eventually)
Parking area outside the community
 
MY rules: Yes, I understand we will all have decide as a community and I am willing to compromise and be flexible on some of them, unless someone wants to crown me queen and let me be the dictator.
 
I AM QUEEN. OBEY ME.
 
No chemicals allowed.
Parking in the parking area only.
No fires.
No cell phones.
Organic gardening.
Working farm animals only and kept away the from residential area.
No unsocialized, untrained, barking dogs with inconsiderate owners.
No plastic.
No buying anything from China.
No GMO foods.
 
 

I'm not sure what to do about Internet as I don't want to deal with EMFs, but I really need Internet.
 
 
Check out Corinne Segura's website called My Chemical-Free House on my list of blogs at the right. She has some great information and ideas. Her location is in Canada. I've checked...Canadians don't want Americans unless we are young, fertile and want to populate some of the more remote regions. Still, it's a great idea. If there is a will, there is a way.

 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. What state do you live in? I missed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to maintain a level of anonymity so I can be incredibly honest, hence, my location is never mentioned. Yeah, there are disadvantages to this attempt at privacy protection for sure. If you want to discuss this privately send me a comment with your email (the comments come through without email addresses) and I will respond to you privately.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I should add, I moderate each comment so I won't publish private comments and your private email won't be published with it.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You say you want a village yet have "my rules". I "got scared" reading your rules, not that they are un realistic or in appropriate but that there is no "group decision" and your mention of No plastics (background several degrees in biochemistry and chemistry of arts, holistic health fields and more) yet cars are made of plastics. I can't imagine going back to storing food without plastics. I lived in a "post hippy" commune (sort of) long ago in Ashland Oregon. NYC 33 years whereby I ended up on death's door due to severe chemical exposures, and used my background in holistic nutrition (herbs so on ) to recover. But indigent income SSD as I was young (took three years and courts, doing my own legal work.

    It's a great idea hence my finding your site - not sure if you are still seeking such, but I would think being more open to suggestions would make it more appealing. After all, what do you care what someone uses for storage inside of their unit. Cars use toxic petrochemicals, both in their make and use of oil - much more then any plastic container (much is recyled now or one can find recycled). Not the best, but it's really hard to "live off the land" and sometimes modern conveniences hold up.

    Re emf's. I was so bad at the end stage I had to line the apt with foil and other products. Now they don't bother me. Being housebound I can't imagine life without a computer to order food and other deliveries.

    Just thoughts - nice blob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS by "no chemicals" allowed I assume you mean synthetic "fragrance" chemicals and other toxic ones??? Please allow comments without approval assuming they are not egregious. Otherwise it means you are the "Queen" lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! I AM the Queen! HAHAHAHA First, this is my blog so I get to say whatever I want and fantasize about the perfect place to live to my heart's content!

      Second, NO WAY would I EVER allow comments without approval as there is too much spam, too many people trying to sell their products, and too many trolls.

      Third, I mean ALL chemicals! Granted, yes, I understand there are things that are difficult to live with...for instance, a computer. Computers offgas quite quickly these days as well as some other products. Some communities have proposed special buildings to store things until they offgas. Most eco-villages that are truly health oriented don't allow cars on the property - they are parked on the outskirts and people need to walk in, but with the electric car technology, this might not even be an issue in the future, however, EMFs from electric cars would still warrant their exclusion outside the village perimeter.

      Bottom line, we don't need all the chemicals we used these days to live full and healthy lives. There are alternatives. However, yes, fragrances, cleaning products or straight chemicals would never be allowed. Pesticides or food grown with pesticides would never be allowed.

      Of course the community as it develops would bend and mold to it's inhabitants, but I think the rules would be catered to the "lowest common denominator". For instance, I don't much of a problem with bleach as long as I wash my clothes twice or three times after I use it, but if you moved in and did have a problem with it, we'd stop using it. So I guess the person with the most sensitivities would RULE...but I'd still be QUEEN! LOL

      I hope this helps you understand my dream. There are some villages being created. Snowflake in Arizona (which I write about) and there is a new one in Northeastern Arizona that is being planned (which I also wrote about and is on my blog list located to the right).

      Thanks for posting! Love, The QUEEN (LOL)

      Delete
    2. P.S. I don't use plastic containers for storing food - I use glass or ceramic bowls with glass or ceramic lids. When did society start using plastic - in the 1960s? So why can't we go back to the way it was. I remember using foil over glass or ceramic as a kid, but I don't use foil. Glass/ceramic over glass/ceramic is good enough. However, I do get lazy and sometimes keep the plastic bags I get from grocery produce departments for storage too, but could do with out.

      Delete