Sunday, August 11, 2013

Registered Sex Offenders, or My Construction Karma

When I first considered moving to this area I checked the Registered Sex Offender list for my county. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be living next to a rapist. I always think my instincts would flare up if I ever encountered one or if my registered-sex-offender radar would send me invisible warnings to protect me.  I remember looking at the mug shots and thinking, I hope I remember these faces. Or at least remember to check back if some sleaze ball took to slithering around my house being friendly. I did check the list a few years ago, again, just as a precaution. I really don't care for any of my smelly neighbors, but they at least they aren't rapists.

Remember the sleaze ball, lying-sack-of-shit construction worker the local hardware store recommended to me last year? I just found out not only is he an ex-convict, but he's a Registered Sex Offender. LEVEL 3. Not level one or level two, but level 3. That means is they expect him to re-offend in the future.  All the other listed sex offenders posing for their mug shots look fairly embarrassed by their predicament, perhaps remorseful. Not this guy. Sleaze Ball's mug shot shows  him with glaring eyes and a sarcastic grin on his face that makes me want to slap him. I'm still livid that those hardware flunkies sent this low-life to my house and especially now since I have found out not only is he a thief, but a rapist. He's been on the registry for as long as I've lived here, but I did not recognize him and my sex-offender radar failed me completely. I'm also pretty horrified that every time I see him I confront him about the money he owes me for the lousy paint job he did...

Recently I ran into him again at another hardware store out of town. He looked at me and almost started to smile thinking he recognized me. Only when he saw the glare in my eyes and the scowl on my face did he realize who I was. At that point he averted his eyes and quickly walked away.

Within minutes he walked back up to the checkout counter where I was and got into the lane behind me, keeping his back toward me. I glanced in that direction and saw him. I thought, Don't confront him. It'll just make you angry.

As I was heading out the door I glanced back over at him again and saw he was buying a can of paint. All rationality left me. My evil alter ego burst forth. I spun around and marched right up beside him.

"SO...WHO ARE YOU RIPPING OFF THESE DAYS?"

No answer.

"WHO. ARE. YOU. RIPPING. OFF? GIVE ME THEIR NAME SO I CAN WARN THEM.

We were standing in front of the checkout girl and there was a whole line of people behind him. I was yelling loud enough for everyone to hear.

He didn't look up, but whispered, "Just walk away."

"OR WHAT??? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? YOU OWE ME A REFUND. PAY IT AND I'LL WALK AWAY."

He whispered again, "Walk away."

"YOU OWE ME MONEY, ASSHOLE, FOR SCREWING UP THE PAINT JOB ON MY HOUSE."

He ignored me. I started walking away. Knowing I was walking away, because he's such a coward, he mumbled something sideways over his shoulder at me. I have no idea what he said but I recognized the whiny, sarcastic tone he used to use with me. I'm pretty sure he didn't know I have superhero hearing. I rushed back at his side.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME?"

"Nothing." It was a wimpy little whisper.

"SO, YOU WERE MUMBLING AND WHINING INCOHERENTLY, AS USUAL.  ASSHOLE. YOU OWE ME MONEY."

I left.

What the HELL is wrong with me? I'm normally so non-confrontational. This is YATNA.

Yatna, the brave
Yatna, the reckless
Yatna, the crazy
Yatna, takin' no shit from sleaze bag

Good lord, don't ever screw me over unless you want the banshee from hell in your face with every casual encounter. I really didn't seem to have any control over myself. If I had, I might have thought of more interesting insults to throw at him.

Then I find out he's a sex offender.

This just makes me highly motivated to move...keeps me focused. And I'm not hiring any construction workers this year. I don't care how highly recommended they come.

Yatna will do all construction herself.


5 comments:

  1. You are not afraid that he might come and look for you????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid last year, not so much this year. I figured if he wanted to do anything to me he'd have done it by now. When he sees me I see the look of panic in his eyes. He doesn't like me confronting him, BUT the whole reason I'm posting this is because if I get killed or disappear, I'm leaving evidence. Like I said I don't know what came over me this last time, but I didn't know he was a rapist then.

      Delete
    2. And what really makes me crazy is he's just walking around getting away with ripping me off. That just incenses me to no end.

      Delete
    3. Maybe hormones played a part too????

      Delete
    4. You mean Yatna? You mean LACK of hormones, right? I did a whole blog post on Yatna and she is front and center in this post as well.

      Delete