Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks

The Thanksgiving holiday is a time to be grateful for what you have. We often tend to concentrate on the negative and take for granted the positive. Things I am thankful for:

My health, that keeps me mobile, cognitive, happy, and alive.

My wonderfully safe and bizarrely decorated house, that keeps me sheltered, entertained, and healthy.

My garden, that produces beautiful flowers, organic foods and serenity.

My van, that runs so well and has so many uses.

My fragrance-free friends, that keep me sane and entertained.

My income, that keeps me stress-free.

My computer, that provides income, entertainment, and a social life.

What else?

My annual rituals for this holiday are making my Christmas wreath and watching White Christmas. My unplanned rituals are eating something I shouldn't and being lazy.

Life is good.

What makes you give thanks?

1 comment: