Thursday, October 11, 2012

Happy Flowers!

Gardening season is winding down. The weather is still nice, partly sunny and crisp, holding on to the very last days of summertime. Plants are starting to die back. The Roma tomatoes are finally ripening:



As well as the pumpkins and squash, in time for Halloween:




The rainy season is supposed to begin this Friday and the clouds are starting to move in. Once it starts it'll continue until next July! Still, my gigantic sunflowers brighten up the yard even without sun. Each one seems to have a personality of its own. I want to name them! With sunflowers all around, I don't think I'll miss the sun so much. I want to share their happy faces, especially for Evelyn who is fighting viruses.


Samantha (front) and Selena


Antoinette


Nancy


Evelyn


Virginia
 
Beatrice Maude, Bonnie Matilda, Brunhilda May
Bertha Mildred and Bonita Myrtle
 
 
Lisa and Janine
 
Persephone
 
Rebecca (front) and Rachel
 
Cassandra
 

 
What is this plant? It's an herb. I know it is because I stole the cutting from the herb garden of the local naturopathic school. Unfortunately, I didn't write the name down. Anyone know? I might have paid more attention had I known how beautiful it would look when it blooms!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww.... thank you for the Evelyn sunflower! :)

    Your pumpkins are giant-killer size! If I lived next door to you, you will know who will come knocking on your door when those pumpkin are ready for harvest! Hehehe.....

    You should start a business for rabbit manure vitamin for gardens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had a whole barn full of bunnies I would sell the manure, but Peter doesn't produce enough!

      Delete